So you have heard that anyone can earn money online, but you’re not sure how …
… and the information you find online is either not as detailed as you would like, or written for a western audience and does not work so well for people in Pakistan.
Or maybe you’re just trying to figure out which are the best proven methods to earn money online in Pakistan!
Well, you are in luck!
In this article, we will take a look at affiliate programs as the top proven method to help you make money online in Pakistan.
But first, let’s be very clear …
There is No Magic Wand! – Some people think or make you believe that you can make money online while doing nothing!
They are WRONG!
Any online venture where you can make money, is a BUSINESS and needs to be treated as such.
If you’re not serious about your online business, you will surely fail!
On the other hand;
If you are serious about your business, plan everything with care, and follow through with patience and dedication …
YOU WILL SUCCEED!
Let’s dive into how you can use affiliate programs to earn money online in Pakistan!
Earning Money Online with Affiliate Programs
An Affiliate Program is one where a business enables webmasters to send them potential customers interested in their products or services. Once these people buy the product or service, a commission is paid to the referring webmaster.William J. Tobin started the first online affiliate program for his company “PC Flowers & Gifts”, back in 1994! Click To Tweet
But do you need a website to start affiliate marketing?
While having a website does help a lot and will probably help you earn more, having one is not always necessary.
Most companies need you to have a website, while others let you participate even if you do not currently have one.
Below, we will take a look at two of the best paying affiliate programs available in Pakistan, which will help you to start making money from the comfort of your home!
Affiliate Program No 1: Daraz.PK
Chances are, you have either already bought something from Daraz or have seen advertisements by them, on the internet.
If you haven’t, you have been living under a rock and really should browse the internet more often! 🙂
Daraz.PK is Pakistan’s Largest Online Shopping Store where hundreds of vendors sell their goods. Since their business model is exactly the same as Amazon.com, it can very rightly be called Pakistan’s Amazon – for now!
It is also the 7th most visited website by Pakistanis.
Why Daraz.PK and not Amazon’s Affiliate Program?
There is a growing trend in Pakistan where Amazon’s Affiliate Program is being recommended by almost every blogger who writes about making money on the internet.
… and it is a very good idea BUT the biggest drawback is …
Which means you …
1. Need to have very good command over the English language – So you can promote these products to a mostly English speaking audience. Example; the US and UK markets.
2. Are relatively great at SEO – If you decide to promote these products via a website or a blog, you will be competing with thousands of other affiliates doing the same thing!
… if you do have these skills, you should be exploring the Amazon Affiliate Program
You will make an absolute killing with the the Daraz Affiliate Program! 😉
Some Features of the Daraz Affiliate Program
- No Website Needed: Unlike many other programs, Daraz does not require you to have your own website before you can sign up as an affiliate. You can refer buyers to them via Social media, WhatsApp or Text messages and they are fine with it. This is a huge plus for all you aspiring affiliates who do not have their own websites yet. 🙂
- Commissions up to 10%: These used to be up to 11% until they changed the commissions structure for their highest paying categories – Kids’ Fashion and Womens’ Fashion.
- Cookie Age – 30 Days: This means, when you refer someone to Daraz, you get a commission for whatever they may choose to buy within the next 30 days! Amazing, considering the biggest player in this space – Amazon – has a cookie age of only 1 day!
- Cookie Overwrite – None!: This sounded too good to be true, so I picked up the phone and spoke with the Head of the Affiliate Department at Daraz. He confirmed that they do not have a cookie overwrite policy. This potentially means, that if two affiliates end up referring the same customer, they both get commissions.Do you see the possible loop-hole here? This is why I’m not believing this one until I have tested this out myself. Shall report back here, once I have had a chance. 🙂
OK, here’s how to start with the Daraz Affiliate Program;
Signing up for the Daraz Affiliate Program
Head on over to https://www.daraz.pk/affiliates/
Clicking “Signup for Free Now!” will take you to the signup form, which is fairly easy to fill out.
If you do not have a website right now, do not be alarmed by the field marked “Website”. You can use your Social Media URL (Example; your Facebook Profile URL) and it is perfectly acceptable to Daraz!
Once you signup, Daraz usually approves your affiliate application within 3 to 4 days.
Using the Daraz Affiliate Panel
Once your application has been approved, you can logon to the Daraz affiliate panel. Once there, you will see that it is fairly easy to navigate.
You can get linking codes and banner ad media sets from the “Ad Media” section. You can use these banners and “Click URLs” to send traffic to Daraz.
These “Click URLs” drive traffic to different categories and promotions on Daraz.
However, in my experience, more sales can be generated if one drives traffic to relevant products directly. Now, that might be because I use the links on blogs where I review particular products. So you might need to experiment with both, the “Click URLs” and Deeplinks, to find out which results in the most conversions for you.
If you intend to write product reviews and send interested readers to Daraz so they might buy that particular product, I would recommend that you use the deeplink generator as well.
You can simply use the “Click URLs” for categories of your choice and promote those.
Using a URL shortening service like Bit.ly is highly recommended.
This will help you monitor which links drove the most traffic to Daraz for you and which promotion channels (Your Blog, Facebook Groups or WhatsApp etc.) are yielding the best results for you.
Affiliate Program No 2: Inspedium.com
Inspedium is a web hosting company based in Pakistan.
I know, I know…
Web Hosting affiliate programs have been done to death!
They are GREAT money makers, particularly for people in niches which have anything to do with the Internet!
Whether you help people learn online marketing, have a great online resource helping people learn how to make a website or a blog or help them learn SEO techniques, a web hosting affiliate offer falls nicely into place with your content.
… which is the whole idea with affiliate marketing; Offer value, helping drive sales to a product, which in-turn helps you make some money! 😉
What is so great about the Inspedium affiliate program?
Inspedium Affiliate Program Features
- No Website Needed: Just like Daraz, Inspedium does not require you to have a website in order to sign up as an affiliate; which is GREAT!This means, you can use all your social media accounts, YouTube, WhatsApp and text messages in addition to your website/blog – if you have one!
- Commissions at 30%: Yes, you read that right! 30% commissions, across the board on all web hosting plans, makes Inspedium the highest paying affiliate program out of Pakistan – in any niche!This potentially means;You can earn a commission of approximately Rs. 45,000 if you manage to sell their Reseller Business plan. That is Rs. 45,000 from just one sale!
- Cookie Age – 90 Days: Another slam dunk by this company! No other affiliate program in Pakistan is offering 90 dy cookie life.This essentially means that;Your referrals can signup anytime during the next 3 months from the first visit and you will earn a commission on the sale.
- Multi-Tiered: OK, here’s another first… Their affiliate program is multi-tiered. This means that you can earn money even if you decide to promote just their affiliate program.The way this one works is:Suppose you refer someone to their program and they sign up as an affiliate. This will make you the Tier 1 affiliate and the referral, Tier 2.
Now, whenever a Tier 2 affiliate makes a sale, the Tier 1 affiliate (that’s you) also makes 10% of the SALE AMOUNT!
Doesn’t stop there, though! Their Tier structure is 10 levels deep. Which means, you make a commission even when they 10th Tier affiliate makes a sale!
How cool is that? Seriously!
- Promotional Material: In order to help you promote their services, Inspedium offers you quite a few banners and text links with pre-formatted html code for your website/blog (if you have one).
- Video Guides: To help you get started with the program, they also offer some very nicely done video guides which help you make the most of the nice affiliate panel.
- Signup Bonus!: A super cool feature – and one which helps you in getting more affiliates to signup for the program, thereby increasing your chances of earning commissions – is the Rs. 1,000 signup bonus.Yes.That is Rs. 1,000 – FREE MONEY – which they put into your affiliate account as soon as your account is approved.
- Low Payout Threshold: They have a low payout requirement of Rs. 5,000 in your affiliate account.This means;If you have earned Rs. 5,000 in your account, they will send you the money during the 1st week of the following month.
Signing up for the Inspedium Affiliate Program
Head on over to https://www.inspedium.com/earn-money-online/
The page for the program features an explainer video which is a recommended watch.
This short video does a good job of explaining their affiliate program in detail, along with the signup process.
Clicking “Start Making Money Today” will take you to the signup form, which is fairly easy to fill out.
Once you sign up, Inspedium usually approves your account within 12 hours.
Using the Inspedium Affiliate Panel
Now that your application has been approved, you can logon to the Inspedium affiliate panel.
The Inspedium affiliate panel is very well structured and easy to use.
Inspedium offers some training videos as well to familiarize you with their program.
Here is a video walk-through of the Inspedium affiliate panel in Urdu:
The Marketing Materials section of the panel has a lot of banners and graphics of different sizes which you can use to promote Inspedium’s services.
Since no usage restrictions for these banners is in place, you can use them on your website or on your social media accounts.
When promoting any affiliate program, you will get best results when you provide some value to your audience.
You can teach people how to make a website through a video or an article, and since they will need a web host to host their website, you can easily refer them to signup with Inspedium.
This technique is a proven strategy for driving the most sales/conversions, resulting in commissions for you!
Using a URL shortening service like Bit.ly for all your affiliate links, is highly recommended.
How Will You Take Action?
The one thing without which you cannot earn money – online or off – is;
How do you plan on doing that?
Will you start a website or blog or will you refer people as an affiliate using your social media accounts?
Do let me know in the comments! 🙂
Digitally Yours, Zahid Sindhu